
Hello all!
Taking a break from my assignment... which is due today... hehehe...
The time now is 12noon and Joel's sleeping peacefully since his 10am feed. He's due to wake up at 1pm for the next feed and mummy here is furiously typing and reading and whatnot in order to get the assignment's bits and pieces in order... problem is, this is not the only assignment I have to hand in... the next one's due in Nov... ahhh... I'm still contemplating if I should go for class on Wednesday evening...
Joel's growing every single day, in looks (they change everyday! serious! look at my facebook pictures) and in length! (he can't fit in a certain "position" in daddy's arms anymore) and PRAISE GOD! He's falling into a routine of a 3-hour wake up, feed, poo/urine, diaper change and sleep pattern... exceptions of course for a certain few sleepless nights for mummy...
We have prayed that Joel would be an easy baby to look after and thank God for His grace, and help from Popo, he has been getting into that routine...
For mummy, have been feeling very "cooped" up at home. I want to go out! and watch movie! eat durian! eat steak! hahahaa...
I was just reminded that Joel shares the same name as Salem's church founder: Pastor Joel Ikonen! :) Although, that was not the reason why his name is Joel, I'm pretty glad with that little reminder. Joel's name comes from the Scripture passage:
Joel 2: 28-29
The Day of the LORD
28 "And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions.
29 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days.
This has been close to my heart for a number of years now - that God will raise the next generation... According to the devo that Aunty Sally Neo has sent me, I pray the same thing: That he will walk in God's ways and not the path that the world wants him to walk. I know that is not exactly easy... But we have to continually walk with God so that we will not be swept away by the tide of the world's demands, expectations and values...
Being a mummy brings up loads of feelings within me. It's not the same as being mummy to the youth (my dear old youth, i miss you all alot!). Youth can understand and they can speak on par. They make conscious decisions...for some, their character is somewhat hardwired already...(nothing that God cannot do, yes I know God can change even the most hardened) but this little fella is different - he's just starting life! It also makes me feel all the more have to depend on Papa God to mold and shape his character... that is like so important, after loving God wholeheartedly, of course...
More pics...